Attention spans are short. Really sh… are you still there?
The average time a visitor spends on your website differs based on the study. It seems, though, that it’s somewhere between 7 and 48 seconds, on average, depending on what the visitor is looking for.
Motion graphics videos are a powerful way to capture your audience’s attention, give them what they want, communicate your business concept quickly, and then move them to take action. Videos can lengthen a visit to your website or squeeze additional information into a short visit. If done well, it is a wonderful way to engage your audience, gain click-throughs, increase leads and grow sales. It’s also an important tool in your SEO toolbox.
What is a motion graphics video?
Motion graphics combine colorful digital images or animation with audio to communicate an idea simply, professionally and engagingly. The technique is perfect for helping audiences understand abstract ideas, statistics and facts, especially when they’re not in the mood to read about abstract ideas, statistics and… snore…
Why are motion graphics videos important?
Information must be communicated with extreme efficiency to compete with our short attention spans. Motion graphics video can capture a visitor’s attention in a matter of seconds—and might even keep it. This means they’re engaging with your brand and are more likely to do what you want — call, email, order, sign-up for your newsletter, enter a contest. You are giving visitors what they want, promptly and persuasively.
How do we know it’s what they want? There are many convincing statistics that suggest website visitors respond to compelling video content. Check out the latest findings:
- Adding a video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%. (Source: Hubspot)
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online. (Source: Hubspot)
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video. (Source:Digital Information World)
- Video in an email leads to 200%-300% increase in click-through rates. (Source: Hubspot)
To capture the attention of your audience, Chalkbox Creative can:
- Create motion graphic videos that illustrate your spectacular services and products, along with the passion you have for serving your customers.
- Help you repurpose popular blog posts for video content.
- Include motion graphics in your email blasts.
- Instruct you on how to upload videos directly to Facebook and YouTube to boost your organic search engine results.
- Strategize on how to create an editorial calendar so you consistently deploy compelling content to your customers.
It’s your turn!
What do you want visitors to do when they visit your website? Share your goals with us so we can help you determine if motion graphics are right for you. We look forward to walking you through our design process and encourage you to check out our tips on how to hire the right designer for your next project. Send us a message or call (206) 932-8080 to tell us about your project.
Share this Post